Groupon is offering the 2-Night Stay for Two in a Room or Suite at Antebellum Inn in Milledgeville, GA. Combine Up to 4 Nights. for $224.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $224.00
Hotel at a Glance: Antebellum Inn
The Antebellum Inn has been a part of the town of Milledgeville for more than a century, and the innkeepers maintain that Old-World elegance inside and out. Stained-glass windows and vintage chandeliers light the winding staircase that leads to five period-style guest rooms and suites. The inn’s 19th-century aesthetic still leaves room for modern amenities such as wall-mounted Smart TVs and WiFi access.
- Complimentary Southern breakfast: Chefs use fresh fruit and eggs from local farms to make quiche, raspberry french toast, and other scrumptious items.
- Old-fashioned elegance: Guest rooms feature carved four-poster feather beds and clawfoot tubs.
- Soak up some rays in the outdoor pool, which is surrounded by fragrant flowers.
- Lounge in a rocking chair on the columned wraparound porch, where you can sip wine to the sound of crickets on a summer evening.
- Notable nods: TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2013, 2014, and 2015
Milledgeville, Georgia: Historic Landmarks in Former Capital City
In downtown Milledgeville, bright-red trolleys jingle down streets lined with magnolia trees and 19th-century buildings housing antique shops and old-fashioned ice-cream parlors. The humble little town is just as charming as it was in the early 1800s, when it served as Georgia’s state capital. Take a stroll down a brick path that leads from downtown to the old capitol building, a palatial Gothic Revival structure that took more than a million bricks to build. Nearby, you’ll find the old governor’s mansion, which was inhabited by General Sherman’s troops as they marched to the sea during the Civil War.
Milledgeville’s stately antebellum architecture gives way to the mossy oaks and fields of wildflowers that extend to the Oconee River’s banks. Fishing is popular on the riverfront, where it’s easy to snag black bass or crappies. On land, you can visit the Lockerly Arboretum to see azalea bushes, hollies, and willow trees bordering peaceful ponds and pathways.
Groupon is offering the 1-, 2-, 3-, 7-, or 14-Night Weight-Loss Getaway at Hunter Mountain Hotel & Spa in Hunter, NY for $179.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $179.00
Peaceful Weight-Loss Retreat in the Catskills
A positive outlook can be a huge part of getting fit and losing weight, which is what makes Hunter Health Retreat so effective. Located in the Catskill Mountains, the hotel surrounds guests with babbling brooks and nature trails so they can focus wholly on improving body and mind.
With the included fitness package, you’ll enjoy three well-balanced meals per day, consisting of 900 calories (more calories can be requested). Each day, you’ll have a bounty of fitness classes to choose from, including Pilates, water aerobics, and dance. You’ll also have access to the resort’s pool, tennis courts, gym, and spa.
Many of the standard rooms have scenic views of the surrounding foothills, pine forests, and meandering mountain streams. After an action-packed day, therapists at the onsite spa can help you wind down with a facial, slimming body wrap, or aromatherapy massage.
Hunter, New York: Small Town in Catskill Mountains with Year-Round Recreation
High up in southeastern New York’s Catskills, Hunter is surrounded by some of the tallest peaks in the state. But the natural beauty here goes beyond the rugged mountains as the town sits within the Catskill Forest Preserve, a vast forested region dotted with waterfalls, lakes, and meadows. A diversity of wildlife makes a home here, ranging from larger mammals such as bobcats and white-tailed deer to smaller muskrats. The varied terrain also attracts active types year-round. Most of the action centers on the Hunter Mountain resort, which has 55 skiing and snowboarding trails sprawled out over three mountains. During warmer seasons these peaks transform into a popular spot for hiking, mountain biking, and ziplining.
For a more laid-back alternative, head about 30 minutes east to the Thomas Cole National Historic Site, the former studio and home of the famous 19th-century American painter. Cole was a member of the Hudson River School, a group of artists that painted idyllic American landscapes as representations of the new Eden. The site showcases a selection of Cole’s artwork and is open for guided, walk-in tours from May through October (group tours are available by appointment in the off-season).
About 40 minutes south you’ll find the town of Woodstock, an active artist colony that hosted many Hudson River School painters and inspired the legendary Woodstock music festivals. Today the village is known for its many antique shops.
Groupon is offering the Stay with Welcome Drinks for Two at Richmond Hotel in Miami Beach, FL. Dates into October. for $135.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $135.00
Historical Art-Deco Hotel in Miami Beach
In 1941, just before America entered World War II, entrepreneur and world traveler Peres Seltzer’s main business was importing zippers from Japan. When he realized trade with Japan would likely cease in the coming months, he built a hotel in Miami Beach instead, one that mimicked the grand style of ocean liners. The hotel, called The Richmond, has been located directly on the beach ever since. It’s still owned by the same family, and its clean art-deco lines, beach location, and iconic neon sign make it a popular upscale destination.
Many guest rooms overlook the city or the hotel’s courtyard; oceanfront units have full or partial views of the water. Rooms are decorated with art-deco touches such as authentic period lamps and stylish bathroom tiles. The onsite Verandah Café serves breakfast, lunch, and drinks; this Getaway includes welcome drinks for two, and one option comes with daily continental breakfast.
The hotel is located in Miami Beach’s famous Art Deco District, where historic architecture lines the streets. Within a 10-minute walk of the hotel, you’ll find the lively restaurants and nightclubs of Ocean Drive. Back at the hotel, dive into the heated outdoor pool, which is surrounded by palm trees and white cabana tents, or stroll to the shoreline along the Love Bridge.
Miami’s South Beach: World-Famous Nightlife and Art-Deco Icons
Just east of downtown Miami, on the barrier island that forms Miami Beach, you’ll find one of the world’s nightlife capitals: South Beach. The clubs along Ocean Drive are legendary for their boisterous, all-night blowouts—and for good reason. With all the rum-soaked mojitos, colorful neon, and celebrity sightings, it can feel like an endless party. Perhaps that’s why the area pops up so often in film and TV shows, including Burn Notice and The Birdcage.
The coast of South Beach is known as Lummus Park, which Frommer’s calls Miami’s “best beach for people-watching.” While the bleached sand and curving palms are gorgeous, they’re almost overshadowed by the chiseled beach-goers dotting the sand. From here, a wood-slat boardwalk runs all the way up to North Beach, attracting joggers and roller bladers. Head across the bay, to South Pointe Park or Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, for quieter, more secluded shores.
It’s easy enough to spend the entirety of a trip to South Beach face-down on a beach towel, but that would mean missing out on the city’s other offerings. The famous art-deco district, with its iconic, streamlined hotels in pastel shades, was the first 20th-century neighborhood to be recognized by the National Register of Historic Places. Every morning at 10:30, local experts from the Miami Design Preservation League lead a 90-minute walking tour that highlights the neighborhood’s signature architecture.
Groupon is offering the ? 9-Day Ireland Trip with Airfare and Rental Car from Great Value Vacations. Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $949.00
Customize an Ireland Vacation with Castle Stay and 5 Nights of B&B Accommodations
On this 7-night, 9-day Ireland trip from Great Value Vacations, you’ll create your own itinerary, free to explore the rolling Irish countryside or its cliff-laden coasts. After landing in Dublin and picking up your vehicle, you’ll set off and spend the next 5 nights at your choice of any of the bed and breakfasts listed on B&B Ireland. Whether you want to see the stunning cliff faces near the Giant’s Causeway or peruse the crafts of Kilkenny, there’s something for you. Just be sure to book all of your B&B accommodations before leaving for Ireland. To make the experience even more memorable, you’ll also spend 2 nights in Cabra Castle. This deal includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK) or Chicago (ORD)
- Manual-shift rental car for duration of trip
- 5 nights’ worth of Ireland open B&B vouchers
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Cabra Castle Hotel in Cavan
Extensions and Upgrades:
- Extend your vacation to 9 nights/11 days for only $125 per person for two additional nights at a Bed & Breakfast of your choice. See here for details.
- Upgrade your vacation for only $99 per person and get the following:
- Breakfast daily
- Tour of the Guinness Storehouse
- Tour of the House of Waterford Crystal
- Admission to the Cliffs of Moher
- Admission to Bunratty Folk Park
· Admission to Blarney Castle
Visit the Irish Coast and Countryside at Your Own Pace
A little island across the sea, Ireland is only roughly the size of Maine. You can travel from the east coast to the west in less than three hours, so it’s perfect for exploring by car. Instead of limiting yourself to a single city, you can easily see several sides of the Emerald Isle.
Stay at Rossmore Manor in Donegal to the north for a bayside retreat that’s only about an hour from Slieve League, home to some of the highest cliffs in Ireland. In town, a short 12-minute drive away, you can see the imposing Castle Donegal, which was originally built in the 15th century, or shop for some of the area’s signature tweed.
Experience some more local flavor with a stay at Murphy’s Farmhouse in Kerry, which is on a family-run working farm. It’s an excellent base from which to make the famous Ring of Kerry drive. The 111-mile circuit takes you past lakes, mountains, and medieval ruins. An optional tour package ($99/person) completes the Irish experience with tours of Waterford Crystal, the Guinness Storehouse, admission to Blarney Castle, and more.
Know Before You Go
- Official languages: Gaelic and English
- Currency: Euro
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- Entrance requirements for US citizens: a valid passport
Groupon is offering the Stay at Bothell Hotel & Suites in Greater Seattle, with Dates into September for $93.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $93.00
Hotel at a Glance: Bothell Hotel & Suites
About 30 minutes outside downtown Seattle, this hotel offers spacious suites with separate living room areas and kitchenettes. Each unit also features a flat-screen TV and business station. You can start your morning at the hotel’s complimentary hot breakfast buffet before heading out to explore the Woodinville Wine Country, the area’s shopping centers, or nearby Seattle.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Alderwood Mall, home to upscale shops such as Nordstrom, Michael Kors, Pottery Barn, and American Girl.
- Take a dip in the hotel’s indoor pool and whirlpool.
- Reds, whites, and brews: There are several wineries located within five minutes of the hotel, as well as the renowned Red Hook Brewery.
- Travel like a local via the 522 Express bus, with service to downtown Seattle.
Bothell, Washington: Antique Shops and Wine Bars, only 30 Minutes from Seattle
Despite Bothell’s modest size, there’s a lot to do in town, from tastings at boutique wineries to shows at the performing arts center. One of its biggest draws is the antiquing scene. At Ye Olde Whitehouse Antique and Candy Shoppe in the Country Village complex, you can scour three stories’ worth of vintage furnishings and decor. Make sure to pick up some homemade chocolates on your way out. In the same shopping complex you’ll find old-timey cafes and craft stores offering lessons in beading, stationery design, and folk music.
About 80 wineries dot the hills of Woodinville Wine Country, which begins just outside of downtown Bothell. You can sample the region’s lush merlot and syrah blends in tasting rooms and learn about the history of Washington winemaking. A handful of craft distilleries and breweries have also arrived in recent years, including the popular Red Hook Brewery.
Groupon is offering the Stay at The Vermont Inn in Mendon, VT, with Dates into August for $85.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $85.00
19th-Century Bed and Breakfast with Elegant Guest Rooms
The Vermont Inn is steeped in classic New England beauty. The sprawling red farmhouse, set on 5 rural acres, faces the Green Mountains. Inside, 16 individually decorated guest rooms and suites are outfitted with charming country furnishings. Some rooms reflect the building’s colonial roots with cut-nail hardwood floors and poster beds. The inn earned a TripAdvisor 2015 Certificate of Excellence, and CBS Boston recommended it as part of a weekend trip to Vermont.
Every morning, the inn offers a made-to-order country breakfast featuring french toast, omelets, and fresh blueberries picked from the property. In addition, homemade cookies and iced tea are often made available, and the innkeepers are always on hand to recommend restaurants or make arrangements for spa services. Dinner is served Wednesday–Sunday in either the dining room, tavern, or on the outdoor stone patio.
Mendon, Vermont: Quiet Village near World-Class Mountain Recreation
Mendon is a small rural village located in central Vermont. Its remote mountain setting makes it ideal for a quiet getaway. Less than 10 miles away, you’ll find Killington, one of the largest ski resorts on the East Coast, featuring six interconnected mountain peaks. Popular summertime activities here include golfing, mountain biking, and hiking. Just take the K-1 Express Gondola to the top of the 4,000-foot mountain, and start making your way down.
For a nice day trip, take a 30-minute drive east to Woodstock. Long considered one of the most beautiful places in New England, this affluent village is dotted with 19th-century homes, covered bridges, and contemporary art galleries.
Groupon is offering the ? 8-Day Paris and London Vacation with Airfare from Gate 1 Travel. Price per Person Based on Double Occupancy. for $1,499.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $1,499.00
See World-Famous Landmarks and Museums in Paris and London
This vacation takes you to two of Europe’s most iconic cities—Paris and London—where you’ll have 8 days to snap shots of the Eiffel Tower, Buckingham Palace, and other attractions. There’s no set itinerary, so you can explore and take side trips at your own pace. Each option includes:
Your vacation starts in Paris, one of the world’s most romantic cities. When you’re not viewing masterpieces at the Louvre, mosey over to the Left Bank, where you can pop into the cafés and bookstores once frequented by Hemingway and Picasso.
- Arts and culture: Housed in an old train station, the Musee d’Orsay is best known for its unparalleled collection of Impressionist works by Claude Monet, Pierre-August Renoir, Édouard Manet, and many other 19th-century artists.
- Iconic architecture: The Eiffel Tower was dismissed by some critics as a “truly tragic street lamp” when it was built. Millions of annual visitors from all over the world would beg to differ. It’s especially beautiful at night, when it twinkles with 20,000 lights.
- Eat like a local: Stop at any of the myriad sidewalk pastry vendors to try buttery croissants filled with chocolate, handmade crepes, tarts, and more.
A quick flight takes you to the 2,000-year-old city of London, where you’ll have 3 nights to explore such attractions as Westminster Abbey and Big Ben. Get inside the London Eye ferris wheel’s glass pods to see the city and the River Thames from 443 feet up.
- Arts and culture: The building that houses the Tate Modern was once a power station. Now it contains 20th-century masterpieces by Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollock, and Pablo Picasso.
- Iconic architecture: Built after the Great Fire of 1666, the 18th-century St. Paul’s Cathedral is Sir Christopher Wren’s best-known work. Frommer’s calls the domed church the “defining landmark of the city skyline.”
- Out of the ordinary: Pollock’s Toy Museum houses a quirky collection of wax figurines, early teddy bears, puppets, and mechanical toys from the Victorian age.
- Eat like a local: Sprinkle salt and vinegar on your fish and chips or nosh on traditional bangers and mash dripping with onion gravy. Other traditional British dishes include hearty beef Wellington and steak-and-kidney pie.
- Grab a pint at a neighborhood pub—London has approximately 7,000 of them.
Groupon is offering the Stay with Daily WiFi at Sheraton Music City Hotel in Nashville. Dates into September. for $105.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $105.00
Hotel at a Glance: Sheraton Music City Hotel
A 10-minute drive from Nashville’s airport, acres of well-manicured lawns and shade trees surround Sheraton Music City Hotel. This elegant property’s “classic Georgian styling … evokes an antebellum mansion,” according to Frommer’s. In the lobby you’ll find a fountain and a lion’s head sculpted from white marble.
- Eat your fill of classic Southern cuisine at the onsite Old Hickory Grill or relax in a cushy easy chair at Veranda Lounge. Select options come with a $30 daily dining credit.
- Spacious guest rooms feature balconies or patios, and your stay includes daily in-room WiFi.
- Go swimming in the indoor or outdoor pools, or soak away stress in the hot tub.
- Work out in the onsite fitness center, which has free weights and aerobic machines.
- Downtown Nashville is just 9 miles away.
Nashville, Tennessee: Music Lovers’ Paradise
Nicknamed Music City, Nashville is the undisputed capital of country music—the place where artists such as Patsy Cline and Dolly Parton hit it big and where generations of singers, strummers, banjo pickers, and fiddlers have taken the stage at the Grand Ole Opry. Despite its country roots, the city has also embraced other genres, including rock, rap, and jazz. You’ll find some of the best Nashville music venues along Honky Tonk Row, as up-and-coming musicians and songwriters step into the spotlight. Nearby, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum showcases an extensive audio archive and a memorabilia collection that includes Elvis’s golden Cadillac, Willie Nelson’s bandanna, and artifacts from iconic rockers including Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Dylan.
Just southwest of downtown lies the 132-acre Centennial Park, which is adjacent to Vanderbilt University. The city’s premier outdoor space features a full-scale replica of the Parthenon alongside a 42-foot-tall statue of Athena. Inside the faux Parthenon, you’ll find a permanent collection of 19th- and 20th-century American art.
Groupon is offering the Stay at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport Hotel in West Palm Beach, FL, with Dates into December for $48.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $48.00
Hotel at a Glance: Ramada West Palm Beach Airport Hotel
Nestled between the Palm Beach Airport and Bear Lakes Country Club, this Ramada hotel is located in the heart of the city. Grab a bite at the onsite restaurant, Zara Café and Jazz Lounge, or head to Clematis Street, a bustling bohemian district lined with restaurants. A few blocks south is CityPlace, an outdoor mall where you can shop at Sephora, Anthropologie, and Tommy Bahama.
- Head to the beach a few miles east to dive with sharks and dolphins, go surfing, or build sandcastles.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool, which is surrounded by a sun deck.
- Play a round of golf at the Bear Lakes Country Club next door.
- Nearby cultural attraction: The Norton Museum of Art houses a vast collection, including work by Georgia O’Keeffe and Paul Gauguin. Fodor’s calls it “one of the most impressive museums in South Florida.”
Palm Beach, Florida: Upscale Beach Town North of Boca Raton
Palm Beach has long been a favored retreat for America’s rich and famous—the Kennedys, Trumps, and Rockefellers have all spent winters here. The warm weather, gorgeous beaches, and golf courses are a surefire cure for the winter blues, and they don’t hurt in summer either. Midtown Beach, a kid-friendly stretch of golden sand surrounded by glitzy estates, is an ideal spot for building a tan or a sandcastle.
Just across the Intracoastal Waterway lies lively West Palm Beach, home to CityPlace, a stylish outdoor mall. If shopping’s not your scene, revisit the Gilded Age at the Flagler Museum, a Beaux-Arts mansion built by Standard Oil founder Henry Flagler in 1902. You can walk through opulent halls, parlors, and ballrooms on a guided tour or stop for afternoon tea in the glassed-in pavilion.
Groupon is offering the 3-, 5-, or 7-Night Stay for Two in a Beach Vacation Bungalow at Siesta Key Bungalows in Siesta Key, FL for $549.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $549.00
Secluded Bungalows with Views of Lagoon and Tropical Palms
A barrier island west of Sarasota, Siesta Key is sandwiched between Little Sarasota Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Siesta Key Bungalows sit along the banks of Heron Lagoon, a narrow waterway in the middle of the mangrove-lined island. It’s a secluded spot where you can go kayaking on the water or fishing for snook and redfish from a private dock. Tucked away as it is, the property is still just a short drive from the popular Siesta Beach, and it’s within 1 mile of Turtle Beach, a good spot for collecting seashells.
Hibiscus bushes and 30 kinds of palms surround the pool deck, shading it from the bright Florida sunshine. Feel free to borrow pool gear free of charge. You can also borrow complimentary bicycles and kayaks to explore the coast.
Brick paths lead to the property’s 10 bungalows. Each has a unique layout, though all feature palm-themed decor and white-wicker furnishings. The Tortuga bungalow has a screened porch overlooking Heron Lagoon. Another unit, the Coquina, has its own private, walled-in garden and original 1950s tiles in the bathroom.
The resort won a 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award and its cleanliness earned a 2013 White Glove Award from Super Small Lodging.
Siesta Key, Florida: White-Sand Beaches near Sarasota
Dr. Beach frequently names Siesta Key Beach on his annual list of America’s Best Beaches. Once you’ve set foot on the wide swath of sugarlike sand—scientifically proven to be 99% quartz—it’s hard to argue with him. The beach is one of a few on the 8-mile-long Siesta Key, which floats off the Gulf Coast just south of Sarasota. Most of the action here centers on the island’s northern tip, where the best beaches are found, near the small but lively Siesta Village. You can shop and dine at family-friendly restaurants in town or rent equipment to go fishing and kayaking. Sightings of dolphins, egrets, and manatees are pretty common.
For a quieter beach, head toward the southern end of the island to the more secluded Turtle Beach. The sand here is coarser and there aren’t any lifeguards, but it’s usually less crowded. The beach is also a good spot for gathering seashells.
Those looking to get away from the beach will find plenty to do around Sarasota. You can see local dance, music, and theater performances at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall. Farther north, the Ringling museum campus commemorates John Ringling, one of the founding brothers of the eponymous circus. An art museum displays work from several famous painters, including Velázquez, El Greco, Rubens, and many more.
Groupon is offering the ? All-Inclusive Barceló Grand Faro Vacation with Airfare from Vacation Express. Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy. for $699.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $699.00
5-Night All-Inclusive Stay in Mexico
This vacation sends you to the tip of Mexico’s Baja Peninsula for several days of sun, sand, and all-inclusive perks at an AAA Three Diamond Award–winning resort. The resort has everything a vacationer could need, but it’s within walking distance San José del Cabo should you feel like venturing out. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Denver (DEN), Sacramento (SMF), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), Houston (IAH), or Buffalo (BUF)
- 5 nights of all-inclusive superior room accommodations at Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos
- All meals and local and international drinks
- Live entertainment (according to the hotel’s entertainment program)
- Daily activities
- Barcy Club for kids aged 4–11
- Daily bicycle tour
- $550 Resort Credit
- Taxes and tips included
Resort at a Glance: Barceló Grand Faro Los Cabos
“Grand” nicely sums up the experience at this award-winning luxury resort, set directly on the beaches of the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. Guests have all-inclusive access to multiple restaurants and bars, and can lounge by the beach or pool all day. Available amenities include waiter service at the pools, a large full-service spa, and plenty to keep the entire family entertained. The resort is within walking distance of the town of San José del Cabo.
- Pools for everyone: pick from an infinity pool overlooking the sea, a giant central pool, an activity pool, and two hot tubs—one of which is for adults only.
- Dine and drink like royalty at one of the five restaurants and three bars, including a sushi spot, a panoramic sports bar, buffet options, and fine-dining restaurants.
- Private balcony in every room looking out over the Sea of Cortez; each room includes a minibar that’s restocked daily
- Supervised kids’ program where youngins can play games and splash around in a children’s pool
- A free daily bicycle tour is included as part of a daily activities program, as are tennis and watersports.
San José del Cabo, Mexico: Peaceful Beaches and Vibrant Art Scene
Los Cabos—which in Spanish means “the capes”—is the name used to refer collectively to the two Mexican towns at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. Cabo San Lucas is often thought of as the wilder and more widely known of the two. But its sister city, San José del Cabo, is both larger and more well-preserved, with Spanish colonial architecture sandwiched between ocean dunes and the Sierra de la Laguna mountains.
Secluded nature reserves abound in San José del Cabo—Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park shelters one of North America’s only hard-coral reefs right beside Bahia Los Frailes, a bay filled with a colony of barking sea lions. Egrets, brown pelicans, and hundreds of rare and exotic waterfowl make their homes at the estuary’s bird sanctuary on the peninsula’s southern tip. Nearby, La Playita’s beach has both a swimming area and a separate spot to watch fishers bring in the day’s catch.
About a mile and half from San José del Cabo’s beaches, you’ll find colorful architecture and ornate churches in the historic downtown area, or zocalo, which harks back to the city’s early days as a missionary town. Jacaranda trees, garden courtyards, and trickling fountains line the sidewalks. Just a short walk from the town square is San José del Cabo’s arts district, where locals hawk fresh produce and handcrafted jewelry amid the area’s folk art and religious sculptures.
Groupon is offering the Stay at Omni Parker House in Boston, with Dates into September for $199.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $199.00
Hotel at a Glance: Omni Parker House
Opened in 1855, the Omni Parker House is the longest continuously operating luxury hotel in the country and was the first in Boston to offer running water and elevator service. It has hosted an impressive list of luminaries over the years: Charles Dickens did his first American reading of A Christmas Carol here, Babe Ruth and Ted Williams dined here after slugging home runs at Fenway, and rumor has it JFK proposed to Jackie at Parker’s Restaurant, where Malcolm X once worked as a busboy.
- On the Freedom Trail: The Omni is walking distance from Boston Common, Quincy Market, and Faneuil Hall.
- Culinary fame: The onsite restaurant—named one of the country’s most iconic by Zagat—is the birthplace of Parker House rolls and Boston cream pie.
- Beauty sleep: Guest rooms feature custom cherry furnishings, ivory wall coverings, and luxurious bedding.
- Emerson, Thoreau, Hawthorne, and Longfellow regularly met here for their Saturday Club literary group.
Downtown Boston: Revolution-Era Landmarks and Modern Skyscrapers
Downtown Boston is home to one of the country’s wackiest city layouts. Its colonial-village lanes converge, split, and take hairpin turns, creating a maze of cobblestone that, though frustrating for drivers, makes for a fun walking experience. If you’re visiting for the first time, the best way to navigate the area is to follow the 2.5-mile-long Freedom Trail, which takes you past 16 historical landmarks, including Paul Revere’s home, Old North Church (of “One if by land, two if by sea” fame), and Faneuil Hall.
Since the area is also the city’s financial district, centuries-old fixtures share sidewalk space with modern 40-story office towers. You’ll find suit-clad professionals grabbing lunch on Washington Street, which is lined with street vendors and flower shops. For a fancier dining experience—and some of Boston’s best shopping—head a block west to Beacon Hill, home to gas lamps, brick sidewalks, and antique shops.
Downtown is also where you’ll find several of the city’s quirkier neighborhoods, such as the Leather District and Chinatown. The former, with its rustic warehouses, is the closest example of what the business center looked like in the 1800s. The latter boasts one of the city’s densest concentrations of restaurants.
Groupon is offering the ? 8-Day French Riviera & Monaco Trip w/ Airfare from Great Value Vacations. Price per Person Based on Double Occupancy. for $1,799.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $1,799.00
See the French Riviera with Stops in France and Monaco
This 8-day, 6-night vacation begins in Avignon, France before travelers hit the road in a car, driving up the coast until they reach luxurious Monaco. This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (JFK) or Chicago (ORD)
- Manual-shift rental car for duration
- 3 nights of standard accommodations with breakfast at 4-star Hotel Novotel Avignon Centre in Avignon
- 3 nights of standard accommodations with breakfast at Columbus Hotel in Monaco
- Extend your vacation to 8 nights/10 days for only $125 per person for an extra night in Avignon
The southern French medieval town of Avignon (pronounced “ah-veen-yohn”) was the seat of papal power for much of the 14th century. The town displays this former glory in the well-preserved walls that encircle Avignon and in the Palais des Papes, the former papal palace and one of Europe’s largest Gothic palaces.
- Visit wineries in the nearby town of Châteauneuf-du-Pape to taste the red wine produced in the Rhône valley.
- St. Benezet Bridge: The 900-year-old bridge that extends partially across the Rhône river still has some of its original arches.
- Get your art fix at the Collection Lambert, the city’s premiere contemporary-art museum, located in an 18th-century house.
The world’s second-smallest country (with an area less than 1 square mile), Monaco packs a lot of glamour into a little space. Even one of America’s own Hollywood elite couldn’t resist its charms when Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier III to become a literal princess.
- Casino de Monte Carlo: Feel like James Bond inside the elegant gold-and-marble casino for a round of roulette and a chance to show off your formalwear.
- Day trips: The delightful seaside town of Nice and its pebbled beaches are just 13 miles away; the medieval town of Èze sits on a hilltop just 5 miles away.
- Musée océanographique: This marine museum is one of the world’s best, home to starfish, jellyfish, crabs, sea urchins, and more.
Groupon is offering the ? All-Inclusive Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace Stay w/ Air, Incl. Taxes & Fees. Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy for $649.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $649.00
All-Inclusive Vacation along Dominicus Beach
You can laze about on Dominicus Beach or party it up in the discotheque on this all-inclusive vacation from Travel By Jen. Included in all options:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Boston (BOS), Chicago, New York City, Washington DC, or Buffalo (BUF)
- 5 nights of all-inclusive accommodations in a superior garden-view room at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Unlimited drinks, cocktails & wine (intl. brands included)
- 24 hour snacks
- Fruit service on the beach and pool
- Wifi in designated areas
- Room service for continental breakfast
- Welcome cocktail
- Unlimited non-motorized sports
- Daily activities and live nightly entertainment
- Caribbean dance classes
- Viva kid’s club, a program for children 4-12 years of age
- Mini-disco for kids
- Hotel taxes and gratuities included
- Round-trip airport transfers
Hotel at a Glance: Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace
The Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace overlooks sandy Dominicus Beach, tucked away in the island’s southeast corner near La Romana. Guests can nap on lounge chairs beneath thatched-roof palapas, take a ride on a catamaran, or pursue more athletic activities, including canoeing, swimming, or surfing. As part of the all-inclusive plan, enjoy unlimited alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages as well as three meals daily and snacks at the restaurants.
- Grab a bite at one of the onsite restaurants, which range from an all-you-can-eat buffet to fine Italian and Asian dining.
- In-room amenities: Guest rooms feature 32-inch flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, air-conditioning, and coffeemakers.
- Recreation: Play a board game in the game room, or strike up a volleyball match on the beach or on the tennis courts.
- Treat yourself to a soothing massage or facial at the Metamorphosis Spa.
- Excursions: Visit the front desk to arrange scuba diving and sightseeing excursions on the island.
- Other things to do: Wander the streets of Altos De Chavón, a re-created medieval European village, spot whales in the waters outside of Saona Island, or tee off at one of three courses at Casa de Campo. There are also daily activities and nightly entertainment at the resort.
Playa Dominicus, Dominican Republic: Pristine Shoreline near Lively City
As a Blue Flag beach, Playa Dominicus doesn’t just look spotless—its crystal-clear water is free of contaminants, making it ideal for scuba divers and swimmers. From here, you can charter a catamaran or speedboat cruise to the Parque Nacional del Este, which comprises a peninsula of dense jungle and limestone bluffs and a large, deserted island, Isla Saona. Keep an eye out for bottlenose dolphins; they can often be seen playing in the slipstream of passing boats.
Half an hour northwest lies the city of La Romana, an urban hub with more than 100,000 inhabitants. Here you’ll find one of the world’s largest cigar factories, the Tabacalera de García Cigar Factory, which offers free tours. The city also boasts a duty-free zone where you can buy perfume and jewelry.
Groupon is offering the 1- or 2-Night Stay for Two at Fairville Inn Bed & Breakfast in Chadds Ford, PA for $129.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $129.00
Romantic Guest Rooms and Afternoon Teas at Historical Countryside Estate
In 2010, Fairville Inn Bed & Breakfast was named the mid-Atlantic’s most romantic inn in by readers of Karen Brown’s travel guides. The elegant estate, built between 1825 and 1837, is situated on 5 acres in the Brandywine Valley, a region famous for its mansions and idyllic countryside. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the inn transports guests back to a quaint, peaceful time via country furnishings and decor.
The innkeepers take extra steps to maintain an elegant atmosphere. Every day, they host an afternoon tea where you can sample freshly baked treats. For an additional charge, grab a chocolate-truffle torte with key-lime caramel sauce or another tasty dessert.
In the morning, you’ll dive into a gourmet breakfast. Omelets are made with vegetables from the estate gardens, and sausages are smoked in-house with applewood or mesquite. The innkeepers take special pride in their scrambled eggs, which they say are “among the finest you will ever have.” If you are looking to go off-site, there are an array of fine dining choices within minutes of the Inn.
The rooms available with this deal can be found in the yellow-painted Main House, the whitewashed Carriage House or the Springhouse, which was built on the foundation of the original estate’s barn. Each unit has its own ambiance, but you can bet that whichever room you choose, you’re in for a romantic and relaxing experience.
Brandywine Valley: Cultural and Historical Countryside in Pennsylvania
Located in Pennsylvania’s southeast corner, the Brandywine Valley features rolling terrain and historic landmarks. During the early 20th century, wealthy families began building extravagant estates here, and many of them have been converted into museums offering tours. Once owned by the DuPont family, the 1,000-acre Longwood Gardens (located 3 miles from the inn) boasts 20 indoor and outdoor gardens, an extensive fountain system, and an orchid house.
Other nearby attractions with a DuPont connection include the Hagley Museum and Library, the Winterthur Museum, and the Nemours Mansion & Gardens. All of them are only minutes from the inn. Also close by: the Brandywine River Museum, a onetime mill that now showcases the work of artists N. C., Andrew, and Jamie Wyeth.
Groupon is offering the Stay at The Constitution Inn in Boston, with Dates into August for $155.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $155.00
Hotel at a Glance: The Constitution Inn
Nearly every square foot of Boston is loaded with colonial history, and the Charlestown neighborhood—one of the city’s oldest—is no exception. It’s home to the Bunker Hill Monument and the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat today. Just steps away from the historic ship is its namesake hotel, The Constitution Inn. The nautically themed hotel puts guests within walking distance of Boston’s historic waterfront and a 20-minute walk from downtown.
- Freedom Trail: Take a self-guided stroll through Charlestown and downtown Boston, passing 16 historically significant sites along the way.
- Complimentary shuttle bus to the North End, Boston’s charming Italian neighborhood
- Go for a swim in the heated indoor pool or relax in the sauna.
- In-room amenities: coffeemakers, refrigerators, microwaves, and complimentary WiFi
- Squeeze in a workout at the onsite fitness center, which offers complimentary Pilates, yoga, and group cycling classes.
Boston’s Charlestown: Historic Waterfront Neighborhood on the Freedom Trail
Charlestown prides itself as being Boston’s oldest neighborhood, founded in 1628. In fact, it was the first capital of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. You can experience a bit of the neighborhood’s colonial history along the 2.5-mile long Freedom Trail, which marches across the Charlestown Bridge to stop at two historically significant areas in this northerly neighborhood. The first is the USS Constitution, where Navy sailors run 30-minute guided tours of the 200-year-old ship’s spar deck, gun deck, and berth deck. The impressive 200-year-old vessel was nicknamed “Old Ironsides” after British cannonballs simply bounced off its hull during the War of 1812.
A few blocks away is the northern terminus of the Freedom Trail, the Bunker Hill Monument. Here, an obelisk reminiscent of the Washington Memorial commemorates the Revolutionary War Battle of Bunker Hill. The famous war apothegm, “Don’t shoot until you see the white of their eyes,” was uttered by one of the colonial generals during this battle, after an ammunition shortage.
Follow the Freedom Trail across the Charlestown Bridge into the heart of downtown Boston, where you can stop off at the Old North Church. Paul Revere famously hung two lanterns here to warn of the British troop advancement up the Charles River. If your feet need a rest, grab a bite in the North End, Boston’s Little Italy. The North End flourished in the late 19th century and early 20th century as waves of Italian immigrants settled into the quaint waterfront neighborhood. Today, Italian trattorias and aromatic pastry shops—the cannolis at Mike’s Pastry are a local favorite—line the cobblestone streets of Hanover and Salem.
Groupon is offering the ? All-Inclusive Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa Stay w/ Air, Taxes & Hotel Fees. Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy. for $599.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $599.00
All-Inclusive, Adults-Only Vacation in Cancún
Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea sit on either side of this adults-only resort. By day, you can plunge into the water and go snorkeling or just kick back and sip cocktails beneath palapa umbrellas on one of Cancun’s best beaches. At night, the pace picks up with live music and nightly entertainment. This vacation includes:
- Non-stop, round-trip airfare from New Orleans (MSY), Cincinnati (CVG), Charlotte (CLT), Birmingham (BHM), Memphis (MEM), Richmond (RIC), Atlanta (ATL), Nashville (BNA), Pittsburgh (PIT), Newark (EWR), Indianapolis (IND), Cleveland (CLE), Columbus (CMH), or Raleigh/Durham (RDU).
- 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 nights of all-inclusive deluxe ocean-view room accommodations at Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa
- All meals and snacks
- Unlimited beverages including domestic, and imported alcoholic, and nonalcoholic drinks and select premium drinks
- 24-hour room service
- Daily activities
- Nightly entertainment
- Nonmotorized watersports
- Full service spa
Hotel at a Glance: Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa
- Deluxe ocean-view rooms feature private balconies or terraces.
- Diverse dining options range from tender cuts of filet mignon at the rustic Old Barn restaurant to upscale Italian fare at Pier 12, which overlooks the Caribbean.
- Sip cocktails by the beach at the Tiki Bar, one of many onsite drinking establishments.
- Couples massages and sea-salt exfoliations are among the treatments offered at the onsite spa.
- Recent recognition: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2014
Cancún: Cool White Sands and Mayan Relics
Located on a barrier island shaped like the number seven, Cancún’s Hotel Zone juts into the Caribbean Sea at the northeast tip of Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula. With the sea on one side and freshwater lagoons on the other, it’s a popular spot for sailing and snorkeling. Although the beaches and barrier reefs are a major draw, the geography is equally enticing further inland, where you can dive into an underground river or take a speedboat through a mangrove jungle.
Cancún pulls in millions of visitors each year, so escaping the crowds and the party atmosphere isn’t always easy, but a visit to Playa Delfines offers a chance for sunbathing in relative seclusion. Resorts have yet to encroach upon this stretch of sand, and it’s especially popular with surfers.
The stone columns of El Rey Ruins, an ancient Mayan site dating back to the second and third centuries BCE, lie within the city’s Hotel Zone. Believed to be a royal burial ground, the archaeological site is also home to wild iguanas that lounge in the sun and read Tom Clancy novels. For a Mayan-themed day trip, take a 1.5-hour drive from Cancún down the coast to Tulum, a pre-Columbian walled city located on a bluff overlooking the sea—one of the Yucatán Peninsula’s most visited Mayan ruins. The Mayan city of Chichén Itzá, chosen as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, is only a 2.5-hour drive from Cancún.
Groupon is offering the Stay at Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center in State College, PA. Dates into August. for $60.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $60.00
Hotel at a Glance: Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center
Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center caters to the guest who loves to golf. The resort’s centerpiece is the 18-hole championship Toftrees golf course, designed by course architect Edmund Ault. You can also practice your swing at a driving range, equipped with targeted greens, or work on your short game at the chipping and putting green.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor heated pool; there’s also a tot-friendly pool.
- Play a game of tennis or sand volleyball.
- Distance from Penn State University: less than 4 miles
- Down Under steakhouse: The onsite restaurant serves three meals daily. Dinner entrees include New York strip steak and filet mignon.
- In-room amenities: Guest rooms feature a flat-screen TV, coffeemaker, and complimentary WiFi.
State College, Pennsylvania: “Happy Valley” College Town
State College is home to Pennsylvania State University, and the greater area is often referred to as Happy Valley. Scenic Mt. Nittany towers over the campus, and the college’s mascot, the Nittany Lions, are a namesake. While a campus tour is must-do activity for first-time visitors, no trip to State College would be complete without a visit to the Berkey Creamery, the college-run shop serving ice cream, cheese, and more.
There’s plenty to do off campus, too. Take a guided tour of Penn’s Cave, a 55-foot-tall cavern whose floor is a subterranean stream. In the colder months, head to Tussey Mountain to ski and snowboard.
Groupon is offering the Stay at Golden Gate Hotel & Casino in Downtown Las Vegas, with Dates into September for $10.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $10.00
Hotel at a Glance: Golden Gate Hotel & Casino
It’s no coincidence that Golden Gate Hotel & Casino sits at 1 Fremont Street. The “1” in that address refers to a historic distinction for the Golden Gate, which opened in 1906 as Las Vegas’ very first hotel. Guests can view artifacts from the hotel’s history when they step into the now-renovated lobby, part of a modern expansion that also added an expanded gaming floor and a luxury tower. The renovation blends Golden Gate’s past with the 21st Century, and it earned it Vegas Seven’s “Best Downtown Revamp” award in 2013.
- The casino surrounds you with classic slots, modern video machines, and the hotel’s signature dancing dealers.
- Du-par’s Restaurant and Bakery stays open at all hours, serving pie and pancakes that Forbes notes are “perennially rated the best in town.”
- Most famous dish at Du-Par’s Restaurant and Bakery is the shrimp cocktail, which was introduced here in 1959.
- Where you’ll stay: Guest rooms have flat-screen TVs and iHome clock radios.
- Where to drink: Bar Prohibition, the hotel’s original watering hole, or OneBar, which features a geothermal closed loop cooling system.
- The press says: Frommer’s loves the its nods to history, and says “the hotel’s location on Fremont Street means that you are just steps away from most of the Glitter Gulch casinos and fun.”
Beyond the Las Vegas Strip: Old Vegas, Red Rock Canyon, and the Hoover Dam
It can feel like the entire city of Las Vegas revolves around the Strip if you never venture beyond that neon-lit corridor. But there’s plenty to see and do once you step off Las Vegas Boulevard. You can find a taste of Old Vegas on Fremont Street, where vintage signs and showgirls crowned with headdresses recall the days of Sinatra and Martin. Beginning at dusk, a canopy of more than 12 million LED lights erupts in a psychedelic light-and-music show every hour. For an aerial view, zoom down the center of Fremont Street on a zipline.
Nature puts on its own show at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, a landscape of fiery-red sandstone formations and limestone cliffs just 17 miles outside the city. Motor down the 13-mile scenic drive or ditch the car and strike out on any of more than 20 hiking trails that course through the region’s otherworldly topography.
Hoover Dam, a marvel of modern engineering, lies just 35 miles away, near the Nevada–Arizona border. Take the 30-minute power-plant tour or the 60-minute dam tour, which takes visitors inside the dam’s narrow passageways. You can actually kayak down the Colorado River from the base of the dam—just be sure to arrive early, as only 30 permits are issued per day.
Groupon is offering the 3-, 4-, or 5-Night All-Inclusive Stay for Two at Legends Beach Resort in Negril, Jamaica. Includes Taxes and Fees. for $410.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $410.00
All-Inclusive Resort Set on Award-Winning Caribbean Beach
Legends Beach Resort sits directly on Seven Mile Beach, a former hippie hangout that still draws free spirits eager to try out cliff jumping or listen to live reggae music. Named one of the Caribbean’s best beaches by Frommer’s, the famous stretch of sand is visible from the hotel’s open-air restaurant, where you can browse buffets and take part in themed meals. Guests at Legends Beach Resort can also take advantage of the amenities offered at Samsara Cliffs Resort, including reciprocity of unlimited meal and drink plans and access to its scuba-diving center.
This Getaway’s all-inclusive package covers breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as local-brand liquors and drinks. After settling into your room, you can fill up on Jamaican jerk chicken and snapper at the beachfront buffet or sip exotic cocktails on the waterfront patio. Theme nights include “Jamaica Me Crazy Night,” when you can sample traditional island fare and listen to live reggae music.
Rows of red lounge chairs are stationed on the resort’s white-sand beach, and tropical gardens surround two secluded swimming pools. For a taste of adventure, take the five-minute shuttle ride to Samsara Cliffs Resort, where you can take a complimentary scuba-diving lesson, snorkel through tropical coral reefs, or jump from the top of the Samsara cliffs.
Negril, Jamaica: Laid-Back Beach Town with Picturesque Sunsets, Snorkeling, and Cliff Diving
Located on Jamaica’s western coast, Negril is known for its white sand beaches, dramatic rugged cliffs, and coral reefs lying just offshore in the Caribbean. Its underwater beauty makes the town a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling at Negril Marine Park, and anglers have found the sea filled with blue marlin, wahoo, and mahi-mahi. The city has a front-row seat to some of the world’s most beautiful sunsets, and people often climb to the top of waterfront cliffs just to watch. At Rick’s Cafe, which is listed in the book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, groups congregate every night to watch the sun dip below the horizon; some brave adventurers even leap off the 35-foot cliffs into the water.
Often called “the capital of casual,” Negril is best defined by its laid-back vibe, from the slow and steady rhythm of the indigenous reggae music to its unofficial uniform—swimsuits and flip-flops. Running along the town is Seven Mile Beach, a stretch of powdery, white sand coastline that earned a spot on Frommer’s Best Beaches in the Caribbean list. The town center comprises a shopping mall and a craft market where visitors can pick up locally produced goods.
Farther inland, the mountainous terrain harbors several eco-tourism attractions including hiking, ziplining, and waterfall tours. Take a 60- to 90-minute drive east to reach the cascading YS Falls or Mayfield Falls, where you can wade in 21 natural pools shaded by exotic tropical flowers and ferns. Or stay close to Negril by visiting the Royal Palm Reserve, where 300 acres of swamp forests and wetlands shelter more than 300 types of birds, butterflies, and abandoned Rubik’s cubes.
Groupon is offering the ? 11-Day China Vacation with Air from Affordable Asia Tours; Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy
The original price is
The Deal price is: $1,549.00
11-Day China Vacation
On this excursion, you’ll see four of China’s most iconic cities—Beiing, Xian, Guilin, and Shanghai. An orientation tour at each stop will help familiarize you with each destination, and then you’ll have the remainder of your stay to explore each at your leisure or take some optional side tours. After an adventure-filled day, you’ll stay in four- and five-star hotels that are conveniently close to the area’s major landmarks. Your trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare on Air China from LAX, SFO, IAH, and JFK
- China domestic airfares: Beijing to Xi’an, Xi’an to Guilin, and Guilin to Shanghai
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing or similar
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the 4.5-star Grand Noble Xi’an or similar
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the 5-star Lijiang Waterfall Hotel in Guilin
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at the 4.5-star Renaissance Shanghai Yangtze Hotel or similar
- Daily breakfast and one lunch
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Round-trip airport transfers in each city
- Orientation tour in each city
The trip begins in Beijing, where you can hardly walk a block without seeing ornate temples, ancient alleyways lined with shops and teahouses (called hútòng), and open-air markets that have been around for centuries. At the city center stands the Forbidden City, which served as a royal residence to 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties. And of course, there’s the Great Wall of China, which winds its way across the landscape north of Beijing.
- Tour Tiananmen Square, which is where Chairman Mao was laid to rest. You can also view the Monument of the People’s Heroes, a 120-foot-high granite tower that honors the memory of Chinese soldiers that died in battle.
- Great Wall of China: This iconic structure spans China’s diverse landscape for about 5,500 miles—nearly twice the distance from Los Angeles to New York City.
Next, you’ll travel south to Xian, a walled city that dates back to the Ming Dynasty. The city’s Muslim Quarter is filled with bazaars and narrow roads that wind past mosques and vendors that serve exotic Islamic cuisine. There are also several historical landmarks to take in along the way, including the 7th-century Big Wild Goose Pagoda and the Drum and Bell Tower, which you can climb to see a panoramic view of Xian.
- Eight-thousand carved statues make up the army of Terra Cotta warriors that was uncovered in the mid-1970s after being hidden beneath the earth for centuries. Take note as you stroll past the life-sized soldiers—no two are exactly alike.
- Xian Museum displays an extensive collection of jade artifacts and a tiny replica of how Xian looked in ancient times.
Often described as the “best city under heaven,” Guilin boasts a landscape of deep green hills dotted with jagged karst-rock formations. It’s been one of China’s most tourist-traveled cities since after World War II.
- See wild monkeys scampering amid the hills and caves of Seven Stars Park, more than 300 acres of wilderness near the Lijiang River.
- Cruise the Li River: Board a boat or a bamboo raft to glide past the curious limestone formations that line the banks of this idyllic river.
- Hollywood connections: George Lucas filmed parts of Star Wars here to depict Chewbacca’s native planet.
Shanghai was just a small fishing village as little as 150 years ago. Today, it’s China’s most populous city and its commercial center, which accounts for its frenetic pace. It’s arguably the largest city on Earth—and one of the fastest growing. Despite its futuristic feel, Shanghai reveals flashes of history, such as at the breathtaking, 400-year-old Yu Garden.
- Romanesque and Baroque architecture is interspersed between futuristic skyscrapers in Shanghai’s Bund area, where you can see 50 types of architectural styles along the Huang Pu River.
- City God Temple was first built during the Ming dynasty and re-built less than a century ago; worshipers and tourists come here to pray, take in the sights, and check out the onsite bazaar.
Know Before You Go
- Official language: Mandarin
- Currency: renminbi, which is measured in yuan
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- Entrance requirements for US citizens: a tourist visa and a passport, with at least two consecutive blank pages, valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of departure
Groupon is offering the Stay at Mountain Top Inn and Resort in Warm Springs, GA. Dates into August. for $75.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $75.00
Hotel at a Glance: Mountain Top Inn and Resort
Mountain Top Inn and Resort presides over F.D. Roosevelt State Park, Georgia’s largest state park. The main lodge consists of three wood-trimmed buildings with porches and plenty of rocking chairs—ideal for relaxing and enjoying views of the Pine Mountain.
- Guest rooms: Lodge king rooms come with a jetted tub, free WiFi, coffeemaker, microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen television, and TV satellite provider.
- For extra space: Choose a two- or three-bedroom cabin, which line the woods surrounding the lodge and are equipped with a full kitchen and linens. Many also have a hot tub, fireplace, and porch.
- Go for a swim in the seasonal outdoor pool, situated a mile away from the lodge at their main office overlooking the valley below.
- Take a hike on the 23-mile long Pine Mountain Trail—the park’s most famous—which skirts past forests and past The Wolf Den Loop’s four waterfalls.
- Visit one of the many beautiful turn of the century restaurants in downtown historic Warm Springs.
Warm Springs and Pine Mountain, Georgia: Sprawling State Park and Gardens
F.D. Roosevelt State Park—Georgia’s largest state park—unfurls across 9,000 rolling acres between the towns of Warm Springs and Pine Mountain, just 80 miles southwest of Atlanta. It’s named after the 32nd president of the United States, who picnicked here and swam in the park’s warm springs in the 1920s to ease his polio-related aches and pains. You can tour the Little White House Historic Site, the vacation cottage where he stayed. Hike along the Pine Mountain Trail or go horseback riding via Roosevelt Stables; horse trails often wind past Lake Franklin and group camps built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s.
Just outside the park in Pine Mountain, you can bicycle through Callaway Gardens, zipline through the forest canopy, or tee off on one of its two 18-hole golf courses. Callaway Gardens also offers visitors a number of ways to connect with nature: watch raptors in flight during daily Birds of Prey shows, marvel at more than 1,000 butterflies flitting around the conservatory, and see seasonal plant displays (including regional college-football mascots) in the horticultural center. Kids will enjoy Pine Mountain Wild Animal Safari Park, a drive-thru safari home to lions, tigers, monkeys, and giraffes. After a day of outdoor adventure, head to downtown Pine Mountain or Warm Springs to shop for antiques and collectibles.
Groupon is offering the Stay with Dining Credit and Enhanced WiFi at San Diego Marriott La Jolla. Dates into September. for $129.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $129.00
Hotel at a Glance: San Diego Marriott La Jolla
This recently restored hotel is located in San Diego’s Golden Triangle, 15 miles from downtown and close to the Pacific Ocean. The upscale property boasts two onsite restaurants (you’ll get a $30 dining credit with this Groupon), a heated outdoor pool, and chic rooms with great views.
- Within 15 miles: downtown San Diego and the San Diego Zoo
- Craft brews and local eats are served at Amuse. Enjoy a casual breakfast at Fresh.
- Make a splash in the heated outdoor pool.
- Stylish rooms feature handsome furnishings and views of La Jolla.
San Diego, California: Historical Attractions and Electric Nightlife in Southern California
San Diego’s sunny, comfortably warm weather and 70 miles of coastline have long attracted vacationing out-of-towners, but the city’s inland scene is no slouch, either. The Gaslamp Quarter is arguably the trendiest listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The area forms both the historic center of town and a hub of San Diego nightlife, with nearly 100 Victorian-era buildings occupied by high-end boutiques, jewelers, and gourmet restaurants.
A stroll through iconic Balboa Park takes you past 17 separate museums, as well as the world-famous and much beloved San Diego Zoo. There’s also the vibrant Spanish Village Art Center, a living gallery where local artists produce pottery, handblown glass, and oil paintings for sale.
Farther north, in Old Town—site of the first European settlement in California—shops in Mission-style stucco buildings sell colorful wrestling masks, woven baskets, and maracas. Nearby stands the Whaley House Museum, dubbed one of the Most Terrifying Places in America by the Travel Channel. Ghosts of former residents are said to inhabit the rooms, which are filled with Victorian furniture, eerie dolls, and squeegees for ectoplasm cleanup.
Groupon is offering the Stay at Charlevoix Inn & Suites in Charlevoix, MI; Dates into September for $62.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $62.00
Hotel at a Glance: Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Charlevoix Inn & Suites sits in an idyllic town between Lake Michigan and Lake Charlevoix. One mile south, Charlevoix’s iconic red South Pier Lighthouse guides ships safely from Lake Michigan into the tranquil harbor. Just across the road from the hotel, you can bike along the Little Traverse Wheelway, a 26-mile path that leads to Harbor Springs.
- Wake up to a complimentary breakfast buffet of english muffins, yogurt, belgian waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and Leelanau Coffee Roasting Company coffee.
- Where’s the beach? Michigan Beach Park, the town’s best spot to relax next to Lake Michigan, is just 1.5 miles down the road.
- Go for a swim in the newly redone heated indoor pool or relax in the newly redone indoor hot tub.
- In-room amenities: 39-inch cable TV, coffeemaker, free WiFi, and views of Lake Charlevoix from most guest rooms.
- Nearby thing to do: Explore the beaches and rolling dunes of Fisherman’s Island State Park
- Accolades: The inn was a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner.
Charlevoix, Michigan: Quaint Town Surrounded by Three Lakes
Located in the northern half of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, the small town of Charlevoix is a popular resort destination, known for the petunias lining its 5-mile stretch of US 31 starting in May. Round Lake, a harbor that connects Lake Michigan to Lake Charlevoix farther inland, borders a quaint shopping district; you can take a sunset cruise here on one of the yachts or sailboats that bob in the marina. The third lake around the city is Lake Charlevoix, a nice spot for fishing, which has been named the #2 most beautiful lake in America by USA Today.
Another one of Charlevoix’s claims to fame is architect Earl Young’s whimsical designs; take a walking tour through his mushroom houses to see the most prominent example of his work. Stonework façades and frosted stone chimneys characterize the pintsize dwellings, which have been described as “hobbit houses” and “elf cottages.”
Groupon is offering the Stay at Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village in South Lake Tahoe, CA, with Dates into September for $82.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $82.00
Property at a Glance: Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village
Located just down the road from Heavenly Resort, Forest Suites Resort at Heavenly Village is a short jaunt from restaurants, nightlife, and outdoor fun in South Lake Tahoe. Hop on the Heavenly Mountain Gondola for a scenic 2.4-mile ride, complete with panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley. When you reach the top, explore the mountain on miles of rugged hiking and biking trails. Forest Suites Resort is also within walking distance of casinos and the lakefront.
- Walking time to the lake: 15 minutes (5 minutes by car)
- One- and two-bedroom suites feature full kitchens, large living rooms with sleeper sofas, and LCD TVs.
- Eco-friendly practices: The resort uses energy-efficient LED light bulbs and biodegradable Eco Botanic soaps. Guests who decline daily housekeeping are rewarded with wine or snack packs.
- Stay fit: Guests can sign up for “green” fitness classes at Elevated Fitness, a carbon-neutral, human-powered facility that uses inverter-equipped spin bikes to supply 100% of the building’s electricity.
- Start your day with the resort’s full breakfast, including sausage, eggs, and potatoes.
- Go golfing: There are more than 25 courses within an hour’s drive of the hotel.
- Recent award: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Lake Tahoe, California: Year-Round Haven for Outdoor Adventures and Late-Night Revelry
Lake Tahoe has no real off-season; people find ways to make use of its pristine water, beaches, and mountains all year long. In the summer, the lake’s clear, freshwater surface—which straddles the California-Nevada border—is dotted with swimmers, boaters, and jet skiers. Several ski resorts with world-class slopes typically stay open from November to April, and Emerald Bay State Park is accessible year-round. A moderately easy hike to the base of Lower Eagle Falls reveals breathtaking views of the waterfalls crashing down from above.
A diverse crowd of spectators gathers at night for South Lake Tahoe’s various events, which range from wine and food festivals to rock concerts and fireworks displays. A few miles northwest of South Lake Tahoe sits Stateline, Nevada, where a handful of casinos host high-stakes games of blackjack and solitaire.
Groupon is offering the ? 8-Day Spain Vacation with Airfare. Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy. for $1,199.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $1,199.00
8-Day Spain Vacation with Airfare
You’ll have plenty of time to explore two of Spain’s most exciting cities—Madrid and Barcelona—during this 8-day vacation from Gate 1 Travel. An open agenda, centrally located hotels, and optional tours make it easy to take in as much culture and as many tapas as you want. The trip makes a great holiday gift idea if you’re looking to scratch an item off a loved one’s bucket list. Each option includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York (specific gateway determined by availability)
- 3 nights of standard accommodations in Madrid at Novotel Madrid Puente de La Paz or similar
- 3 nights of standard accommodations in Barcelona at Ayre Hotel Caspe or similar
- Transportation between cities via standard class rail
- Daily breakfast
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
Spain’s capital and largest city sits smack dab in the center of the country. The sophisticated metropolis is renowned for its world-class art museums, parks, and open-air plazas. You can even catch a traditional bullfight at the Plaza Toros Ventas.
- Spend a lazy afternoon amid the fountains and gardens of Retiro Park.
- The Spanish answer to the Louvre: the Prado museum, which houses a trove of masterpieces, including work from Spanish artists El Greco, Velázquez, and Goya
- A taste of royalty: Tour the stately Royal Palace of Madrid.
- Shop ‘til you drop at El Rastro, an open-air flea market open Sunday mornings.
- Optional tours: The half-day Panoramic Madrid tour takes you to the city’s most beautiful squares, new and old (Day 3; $35/person); you can also take a half-day tour of nearby Toledo, which has a wealth of monuments, old churches, and museums (Day 4; $74/person).
Barcelona sits along the Mediterranean Sea in the autonomous region of Catalonia, located northeast of Madrid. You’ll spend 3 nights in this hip and quirky city, enjoying its unique architecture and lively nightlife. Take a stroll down La Rambla, a central tree-lined thoroughfare, for top-notch people-watching at all hours of the day. Then head into the Gothic Quarter for live music and trendy bars. Cap off your visit with a trip to one of the city’s beaches.
- Witness history in the making at La Sagrada Familia, a whimsical Antoni Gaudi-designed cathedral that has slowly taken shape over 130 years. It’s estimated to be finished at last by 2026.
- Bring your camera to Parc Guell, a fantastical garden—another Gaudi creation—filled with colorful mosaics.
- Blend in by cheering on Lionel Messi and Futbol Club Barcelona at a local bar. The team’s colors are scarlet and blue.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Chocolate Museum, where intricate artwork is carved entirely from blocks of cocoa. Admission tickets are made of—what else—a square of chocolate.
- Optional tours: Full-day Barcelona city highlights tour on Day 6 ($84/person), half-day tour of the monasteries and mountain vistas at Montserrat on Day 7 ($65/person)
Groupon is offering the ? 7-Day Athens Vacation with Airfare from Gate 1 Travel. Price per Person Based on Double Occupancy. for $699.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $699.00
This deal cannot be combined with any other promotional codes.
Check out our other air-inclusive Getaways deals from Gate 1:
Athens Vacation with Airfare
Get to know the ancient Greek city of Athens on this 7-day vacation from Gate 1 Travel. There’s no set itinerary, but we’ve included a few suggestions below. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 5 nights of accommodations at Parthenon Hotel or Athenian Callirhoe Hotel in Athens
- Daily breakfast in Athens
- Hotels are subject to availability at the time of booking.
What to See and Do in Athens
There’s more to Athens than its ruins—thanks to its vibrant nightlife, tropical weather, and modern museums, Athens has remained a world-class travel destination well into modern times. Still, the ruins are the city’s greatest draw. See how ancient Greeks lived and worshiped at the Acropolis’s monuments and temples, among them the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena Nike.
- Stroll through the Acropolis to marvel at Doric and Ionic temples that tower above the city. The most famous, the Parthenon, was built in the fifth century BC for the goddess Athena. It sits at the very top of the walled city center.
- Ride a funicular to the top of Mount Lycabettus for the best views of the city.
- Eat like a local: Condé Nast Traveler calls horiatiki “the one dish you can’t leave Athens without trying.” This traditional Greek salad incorporates a mix of olives, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta.
- Take an optional tour, such as a half-day Athens sightseeing tour ($69/person), a full-day Delphi tour with lunch ($95/person), an Argolis Tour with lunch ($95/person), or a visit to Cape Sounion ($39/person). You can save 10% or more by booking in advance.
Groupon is offering the Stay with Dining Credit at Foxwoods Resort Casino. Dates into August Available. for $82.00.
The original price is
The Deal price is: $82.00
Hotel at a Glance: Foxwoods Resort Casino
It’s hard to get bored at the luxurious 4-star Foxwoods Resort Casino—a sprawling entertainment and hotel complex amid acres of Connecticut woodlands. You can go shopping at the many designer boutiques, play 10 frames at the bowling alley, and dine at your choice of more than 30 restaurants. When it’s warmer, the action moves outdoors to the resort’s pool and its pair of Rees Jones-designed golf courses.
- Awards and accolades: AAA’s Four Diamond award and TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2013
- Where to eat: You can redeem your dining credit at any onsite eatery, including the David Burke Prime steakhouse, a Connecticut Magazine reader’s choice winner for “Best Brunch.”
- Press your luck at the onsite casino, where you’ll find 300 table games, a racing book with 50-feet digital screens, and more than 4,500 slot machines.
- Room with a view: Views of the Woodlands surround the stylish deluxe rooms and suites, which have marble accents, an iHome clock radio, a mini-bar, Monaco linens, wireless internet, and Parisian bath amenities.
- G Spa and Salon: Guests can lounge at this luxurious, adults-only spa, which features a waterfall pool.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool in warmer months.
- Shop at the new Tanger Premium Outlets, which opened on 5/21/15.
- Enjoy a drink at Liquid Sundays, a 21+ event held at the pool each Sunday 5/24–9/6/15, which features drink specials and celebrity DJs. Cover charge required for entry.
Ledyard, Connecticut: Sprawling Woodlands with Rich History in Mashantucket Reservation
Thousands of acres of birch, maple, and sassafras forests span a broad swath of southeast Connecticut, from the Rhode Island border down to the Thames River. This natural wilderness is home to the Mashantucket Pequot tribe. Opening in early May, visit the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center and learn about the reservation’s history through lifelike dioramas, Native American art and artifacts. Climb to the top of the museum’s 185-foot tower to see panoramic views of the wooded landscape and nearby swamplands.
Less than 20 minutes south is Mystic, a town that still presents life in 18th-century coastal New England. In the town’s Olde Mistick Village, costumed performers parade down brick-lined walks lined with stores that sell imported knickknacks, artisanal cheeses, and handcrafted jewelry. The seaport’s Museum of America and the Sea chronicles the area’s maritime culture with 19th-century ships and an old-fashioned village. Kids can watch sea lions dance, pet reptiles, and have staring contests with Beluga whales at the Mystic Aquarium.
Amazon is offering the Seiko Men’s SKS415 Amazon Exclusive Stainless Steel Watch with Link Bracelet for $69.99
The original price is:
The Deal price is: $69.99
Seiko Men’s SKS415 Amazon Exclusive Stainless Steel Watch with Link Bracelet is the #6 best selling item in the Watches Department.
Amazon is offering the Seiko Men’s SKS413 “Amazon Exclusive” Stainless Steel Watch with Triple-Link Bracelet for
The Deal price is:
Seiko Men’s SKS413 “Amazon Exclusive” Stainless Steel Watch with Triple-Link Bracelet is the #5 best selling item in the Watches Department.